Motherhood is no joke and feels like more than a full-time job. Lately, I’ve found that parenting a three year old, keeping a toddler out of every drawer in the house, and well, working, has left very little time for self-care and I tend to fall into the auto-pilot trap.
I’m a better mom when I take a moment to reset and recharge throughout the day. Here are a few ideas to help ‘fill your own cup’:
- Grab a coffee outside of your house. Take a drive to your favorite coffee shop (with a drive-thru) and enjoy driving around the neighborhood with your little ones in their carseats.
- Take a midday shower (bring toys into the bathroom for your kids to play with if you can’t get away for a moment)
- Go outside barefoot and stand in the grass=grounding
- Grab a glass of ice-cold water
- Schedule ‘breaks’ with your spouse or significant other. Last weekend, my husband and I took turns napping for about 30 minutes each!
- Have a quick dance party. ‘Alexa, play Can’t Stop the Feeling!’
- End your day without a screen. No scrolling, no TV. Think journaling, reading, listening to a guided meditation, etc.
- Text another mama- this is hard and you’re never alone.
Need some more tips to recharge? Check out more ideas here!