Birthday parties are a great way to celebrate you child’s birthday. However, it is not the only option! Here are 10 ways to make your child’s birthday fun and memorable other than having a birthday party:
- Amusement Park. What could be more fun then spending your birthday at an amusement park! Great food and awesome rides equal a fun birthday!
- Special dinner at your favorite restaurant. Another option is to take your child out to their favorite restaurant. If you want you can even invite a few family members or close friends. Many places will sing happy birthday if you ask them, which is always fun for kids.
- Go to the movies. Head over to your favorite movie theater for a night of fun. Load up on popcorn and candy for a great birthday celebration!
- Bowling. Family bowling night is always a great time, and another way to enjoy a birthday. So get your bowling shoes on and have a ball!
- Visit your child’s favorite place. Does your child love roller skating or maybe the science center? Spend their birthday at the place they are always asking to go.
- Spend the day with friends. Get a few of your child’s friends together and go somewhere fun. It can be as simple as a picnic in the park or a visit to the zoo. Birthdays are always fun when you spend them with your friends!
- Take a trip. Whether its just a short road trip or a grand vacation your child will definitely enjoy a change of scenery for their special day. Last year we drove to Erie for my oldest sons birthday and we had a blast!
- Sporting Event. If your child loves sports this is the perfect way to spend the day. Go see your favorite baseball, football, or hockey team depending on when your child’s birthday is.
- Have a sleepover. Let one or two of your child’s friends spend the night at your house. Nothing says birthday fun like stay up late with your closest friends!
- Spend the day being a tourist. Every city has some amazing sites to see. But sometimes when you live there you don’t always get to enjoy them. Spend some time sightseeing your city, or if you don’t live in a big city go sightseeing at the closest one!
Remember, birthdays are about celebrating and creating great memories. You don’t have to have a huge birthday party to do that. What are your favorite ways to celebrate your child’s birthday?